Hello! Coloma Cottages address is 5941 New River Road, Coloma, Ca. 95613. Our house manual has been generated based on the many questions about our property. Please read thoroughly for a more enjoyable trip!
As a vacation guest of the cottages you hereby accept and agree to the following:
• The Cottages are private and “non-commercial”. They are available by reservation only.
• Regarding cell service: Please keep in mind that Coloma is rural and Verizon Wireless is the strongest cellular provider in our area. Other service providers have inconsistent reception but at times you can connect.
• Check-in time is between 3:00pm-6:00pm.If your arrival and / or departure time is different than noted above, we may be able to accommodate you for a fee of $25. This depends on availability.
We are located at 5941 New River Road, Coloma, Ca. 95613. Please follow the directions below because GPS may take you the "long way".
• Because cell service is limited in our area and because the Coloma Cottages are on a gated property, we ask that you please text us for your personal gate code as you exit the freeway. If you are already in the Coloma area, please text within a half an hour of arrival.
• Text (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN). IMPORTANT: THE GATE CODE WILL EXPIRE IF NOT USED WITHIN 45 MINUTES OF CONTACTING US.
• If you have booked through an online booking engine and have already provided your ID, or if you have stayed with us before, and you do not require that our host meet you upon arrival, please let us know.
• Please note that we only have WIFI in the Riverhaus" & "Rio Azul. Otherwise you can utilize your Verizon phone service or access the internet at the local cafés.
• Occupancy: Riverdeck, Bullits Bar & the Romantic River Studio rates are based on double occupancy. Riverhaus & Rio Azul rates are for 4 occupants. It is $15 pp/pn thereafter. Maximum occupants: Bullits Bar , River Deck & “Romantic Riverfront Studio are 4, Riverhaus 5 & Rio Azul 7.
• We provide linens, blankets and towels for 2 people in the Riverdeck, Bullits Bar, Romantic Riverfront Studio and for 4 people in the Riverhaus & Rio Azul. Please bring your own linens and towels for extra occupants.
• The Riverfront Studio does not have a bathroom inside the unit. The bathroom is about 200 feet away from the cottage and is exclusive to the guests of the studio while visiting.
• Tent camping is available with permission from owner & on a limited basis. Tents can be placed near your cottage only, and are not allowed in the common areas unless you have rented all cottages. Space rent is $30 per night for two people then $15 per person thereafter.
• Our property is beautiful and fun! So, if you would like to invite friends or family over for the day they are more than welcome! There is no charge for up to 2 guests per cottage. The rate is $10 per person after 2 for visiting guests. This can include, group dinners, BBQ’s, birthdays and river access. If you have reserved all of the cottages, there is no charge for up to 10 additional visiting guests.
• If a guest stays past 11:59pm they will be considered an additional occupant and the $15 fee will be applied.
• When you arrive, enter your code; wait one second & the gate will open. Do not enter #.
• Please go directly to the Cottage to get your keys.
• Our property is also a multiple use property, which means that we have year round tenants at this location. Please be respectful of your neighbors and they will be respectful of you.
• We are in a tourist area that is popular for whitewater rafting, weddings, camping, etc. There is also an outdoor school across the river October through May, so please keep in mind that there will usually be noise from these activities; however quiet hours are from 10pm-7am. If you experience noise that is unpleasant, please do not hesitate to call us.
• A $100.00 deposit is required for each cottage for short term reservations. If you used a booking engine such as AIRBNB it is already paid. If you did not book on AIRBNB, your card will be authorized for this amount. For long term rentals we will charge your card in advance. Amount TBD depending on length of stay and could require a rental application and credit check. We may also verify rental & credit history, employment & income. Security deposits cover any damages incurred by tenant and/or their guests, cleaning and other miscellaneous charges due to negligence, starting at a rate of $30 per hour.
• Smoking is allowed outside, and yes we do allow pets if previously arranged. However, if you smoke or if we find smoke odor inside the cottage (including, cigarettes, candles, incense, marijuana, or other items that produce smoke) or bring a pet without permission, this will result in the loss of your $100 deposit and additional cleaning fees at $45 per hour and/or an air purification fee of $25 per hour.
• If you are bringing your pet please keep in mind that the Pet Fee is NOT a cleaning fee. Extra cleaning charges apply if pet hair is found on the furniture so please bring your pets bedding and/or a kennel. Visiting pets are $10 per day.
• The American River is dam controlled, so the water levels fluctuate daily. The river will come up in the mornings and go down in the evenings on the weekends, and flows vary during the week. For accurate flow information go to dreamflows online
• Our county does require that you wear a life vest if floating down the river and does not allow local companies to rent them. You will have to purchase your own life vest or find an out of the area company that rents them if you plan on going down the river.
• We do not allow gold panning or dredging on the property due to mineral rights of the owner. But if you’d like to pan for gold, please check state park and county rules for panning areas.
• Check out time is 11am. Late check outs may be possible depending on availability and for $25. Please check with host as soon as possible. When checking out, please turn off AC unit or heater, leave the door unlocked, leave keys on the counter or table. Please wash your dishes with warm soapy water and make sure all grease is removed and take out the trash. The trash receptacle is located on the left of the driveway as you exit. We will take care of the rest! Note that the dishes must be ready for the next guest or a $25 fee will apply.
Refund and cancellation policy: You may cancel your reservation for a 50% refund up to 7 days prior to check-in. After 7 days we do not issue refunds but can attempt to re-book the cottage and reschedule your reservation. If we cannot re-book the cottage, there will be no refund, but we will do the best we can to accommodate you. Processing fees for re-booking and/or agreed upon cancellations will be $25.
The information above has been compiled to better assist you as you plan your vacation. It is our sincerest pleasure to host you and want you to have a wonderful time! Please enjoy your Coloma Cottage!
Copyright Twenty10 Limited, LLC. All rights reserved.